Walter Mencken 10:15 a.m., Dec. 13
La Mesa Police are seeking the driver of a vehicle that struck a young child and fled yesterday. Last night at around 7:45 p.m., police received a call that a 27 month old boy had been hit in the eastbound lanes of Fletcher Parkway, near Trolley Court.
The child was transported to Children’s Hospital with head injuries that were not expected to be life threatening.
Fletcher Parkway was closed at Trolley Court for several hours last night while police conducted an investigation.
The only description police are able to provide of the hit-and-run vehicle are that it was a white minivan or sport utility vehicle with a luggage rack on top. It may have been a Volkswagen. They ask that anyone with information on the driver call (619) 667-1400 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
More like this:
- Car thief briefly eludes authorities — Aug. 13, 2013
- Robbery suspect found hiding in bushes outside Sheriff station — May 22, 2013
- Neighbor helps nab hit-and-runner — Nov. 28, 2012
- Four Years Sentence for Fatal Hit-And-Run — April 6, 2012
- Car From Hit-and-Run on Toddler Found, Impounded — Oct. 6, 2011