Ken Leighton 5:45 p.m., July 27
Car From Hit-and-Run on Toddler Found, Impounded
Police have located the vehicle they believe to be responsible for a hit-and-run collision that involved a driver striking a two year old boy on Fletcher Parkway in La Mesa and fleeing the scene. The child was seriously injured as a result of the incident.
Marc Patrick of the La Mesa Police Department’s Traffic Unit, responding to a tip from a local Volkswagen dealer, found the car yesterday in the city of El Cajon. The car was impounded for examination as evidence.
Police are continuing their investigation to determine who was driving the car at the time of the incident. They have yet to determine if a request will be brought to file charges against the parties involved.
More like this:
- Felon fails to flee from police in La Mesa — Jan. 10, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Car Seizures From Unlicensed Drivers to End Jan. 1 — Dec. 28, 2011
- Young Child Struck By Hit-And-Run Driver — Aug. 26, 2011
- Crime Data: Escondido PD, May 2011 — June 8, 2011