Julie Stalmer 7:15 p.m., June 25
Real World Bird Rock Releases Video Preview
As the La Jolla Light http://www.lajollalight.com/2011/07/06/bird-rock-residents-want-concessions-from-mtv-show-in-their-neighborhood/"> reported last month, residents there, fearing the worst, demanded police protection:
“'At the recommendation of the police department, the producers will be funding one uniformed Police Officer with a patrol car who will be stationed at the roundabout entrance to the neighborhood each night until 4 a.m.,'"First District Councilwoman Sherri Lightner told the Light after negotiations "between her staff, the show’s producers, the Film Commission and the police."
"'The officer will begin his first shift tonight at 6 p.m.'"
Judging by the preview, viewers are in for lots of skin, hot tubs, and hookups. In other words, just an average San Diego day.
No word if the SDPD officer stationed outside the house glimpsed anything of what was going on inside.
The show hits cable September 28.
More like this:
- Blame Astrology - Third Thursday Experimental Radness — Dec. 14, 2011
- Residents of Bird Rock Really Don't Want The Real World — June 22, 2011
- Randy California & Spirit in San Diego 1968 to 1996, plus Worst Concerts, History of San Diego Music 1-7, more — Feb. 27, 2009
- When Scott Wilson Was Glam, plus Iggy Pop Bassist Goes 3-D, History of Local Music TV, The Monroes: Story of a One Hit Wonder, New Bands You Should Know, That ‘80s Club, and Bands That Mattered: 1960 to 1995 — June 26, 2008
- Famous Dead Neighbors, plus a History of Local Public Access Music TV — Jan. 31, 2008