Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., May 31
Maienschein Lends His Campaign $50,000 on Christmas Eve
Former San Diego city councilman Brian Maienschein gave himself a Christmas Eve gift in the form of an interest-free $50,000 personal loan to his campaign for state Assembly, according to a December 27 disclosure filing with Cailfornia's Secretary of State.
As reported here in August, during the first half of the year the Republican collected a total of $43,600 from a variety of donors, including developers who backed him during his city council days.
After being termed out from the council, Maienschein became commissioner of United Way San Diego's "Plan to End Chronic Homelessness," a job for which he got an annual $106,270.
In November, he threw a $3900 a person fundrasier for his 77th district campaign, featuring boxing champ Evander Holyfield at the oceanfront house where MTV's Real World was shot.
More like this:
- Not a story, says Maienschein of his lobbyist dating — July 31, 2013
- Maienschein Loans Campaign $60,000 — May 7, 2012
- Million-Dollar Apps — March 21, 2012
- Maienschein Paid $106,270 As Homeless Commissioner — Nov. 4, 2011
- Maienschein Collects $43,600 For Assembly Bid — Aug. 1, 2011