Don Bauder 5:36 p.m., July 31
Child Passenger Safety Day in Solana Beach
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Encinitas station has announced that it will be hosting a “Child Passenger Safety Day” on Thursday in Solana Beach. Local law enforcement will team with Prevention Specialists and the San Diego Pacific Safety Council to provide information on car seats and other tips on keeping children safe during transit.
Free car seats will be available to those who meet income requirements. All recipients, however, will have to attend a two hour car safety class from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m., with the car seat being installed at the completion of the class. Those interested can register for the class by calling (888) 846‐4200, extension 110.
Professionals will also be on site providing free inspections of existing car seats, but their services will require an appointment be set by calling (760) 966-3587.
Aside from the car safety class, the Safety Day activities run from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The whole event will be held at La Colonia Park, 715 Valley Avenue in Solana Beach.
More like this:
- Guns for groceries trade offered by Sheriff's Department — Dec. 19, 2012
- Celebrating SD's Last 2 Drive-in Theaters (1st DI Opened 79 Years Ago Today) — June 6, 2012
- Let's All Go to the Drive Ins! The Santee & South Bay Outdoor Theaters — Feb. 1, 2012
- DUI Checkpoints in Pacific Beach Result in High Arrest Count — Sept. 7, 2011
- Turkey With No Toil — Nov. 17, 2005