Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
Friday, May 18 is national Bike to Work Day. Tune up your two-wheeled whip tomorrow at Balboa Park, where the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition will be offering free maintenance, demonstrations, T-shirts, and an obstacle course for kids.
Bicycle Demonstration Schedule:
Each class will be taught in English and Spanish.
9:30 a.m. - Welcome
10 a.m. – The ABCs of Biking
11:30 a.m. - Safety – learn proper helmet fit, cycling clothing, reflectors, and more.
1 p.m. – Maintenance – how to change a tire and other basic maintenance.
Bike to Work Tune Up
Saturday, May 12
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Balboa Park - 6th and Laurel
More like this:
- African Restaurant Week on El Cajon Boulevard — Oct. 2, 2012
- Following Fatal Hit and Run, Cyclists Gather for Improved Infrastructure — April 3, 2012
- A San Diego Guide to SXSW — March 5, 2012
- Zombee Apocalypse - Honeyfest San Diego — Jan. 7, 2012
- Occupy San Diego Joins Veterans Day Parade, Holds Teach-ins — Nov. 10, 2011