Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Feb. 12
- Community Blog
- Mt. Hawker
Still Part of Ugly Statistics
I mean, I'm still part of that 6.7 % unemployment rate. Thursday morning, I watched President-elect Obama's speech on the state of economy. He said the situation may be bad now, but if we don't act soon, it can get exponentially worst. Why do I feel like I know that already? He said unemployment may turn double digit. My hopes halfway drained.
I sipped coffee to wake up, but it wasn't any help. I cannot check all the job boards, my temp agencies mail, craigslist, like I've been doing daily. That moment, I just wanted to curl up in a fetal position and suck my thumb. I wish I have a womb to climb back into. My world right now- unemployed, mortgage and utilities left unpaid, kids to feed- is too uncertain. I am tired. Tomorrow I might feel better I assured myself. I will snap back into my old self. I have to, to stay alive.
But yesterday, most day, I hid under the covers.
More like this:
- Interview: Seven Psychopaths wrangler, Martin McDonagh — Oct. 12, 2012
- A Typo of a Peculiar Type (part 3, conclusion) — Feb. 15, 2012
- Crashing with Christians in New York — April 6, 2009
- Caylee Case...and Roman Polanski in Paris — Aug. 21, 2008
- Little Bohemian — Feb. 22, 2007