Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Jan. 29
- Community Blog
Baja State Secretary of Security Admits Murders Are Increasing
Translated by Fulano from an article in El Sol de Tijuana.
Tijuana - Although he recognizes that there has been an increase in crime, the Baja California State Secretary of Security, Daniel de la Rosa Anaya, denies that the work of authorities has been lax.
This is because from January through June of 2013 crime has increased over the same period in 2012, and businessmen are showing concern over kidnappings.
Daniel de la Rosa blamed the increase on the arrival of people, not criminal groups, from other states in Mexico who are trying to take over the vacancies left by arrests.
"We are seeing some murders that are being generated from what they call a cleaning out, because they are trying to grab some area," he said.
He added that in the case of the kidnappings, their work has produced results, with the arrest of some of those responsible who could also be involved with similar cases.
"Without minimizing any legitimate need, we need to set in the proper perspective what is going on, and here it is groups, or persons, who come from other states, such as Michoacán, Nayarit, and in some cases Jalisco," he said.
The head of state security suggested that the seizures and arrest will continue.
"Up to the last day of this administration of Governor Osuna Millán, we are not going to allow any form of takeover by any criminal group, not in Tijuana nor the remainder of the state," he said.
More like this:
- Only 17 and he already killed 9 people — March 12, 2013
- American citizen kidnapped in Rosarito escapes by jumping from car — Feb. 4, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rosa Anaya Meets Families at Cereso Mexicali; Pediatric Consultations for Respiratory Disease Increase 30% — Jan. 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Criminal "Cockroach Effect"; Children Fighting Cancer have Christmas Posada — Dec. 21, 2012
- Foreigners Leaving Scorpion Bay in Baja California Sur — April 3, 2012