Bob McPhail 12:30 p.m., April 26
- Community Blog
American murders a Canadian in San Felipe, Baja California
Translated by Fulano from an article in La Cronica
MEXICALI, Baja California - An American man accused of a murder committed in San Felipe, Baja California was freed after the judges reclassified the crime he was charged with, allowing him to be freed on bail.
The prosecutor accused William "N", 63-years old, with murder in a fight in which John Alexander Blue, a 68-year old man originally from Canada, died. Both were residents of San Felipe, Baja California.
The events occurred the afternoon of last April 20, 2013, when both were presumably arguing about feeding some cats near Campo San Marcos, in San Felipe.
The State Attorney General filed a criminal complaint against William, under case 02/2013/16272, with criminal cause 636/2013.
The state judicial powers reported that the crime for which William was accused, and for which he was being held in prison, was reclassified to the crime of murder committed by excess during legitimate self defense.
More like this:
- Murders in Baja California increased 24% during the first half of 2013 — July 2, 2013
- American man murdered in Ensenada — June 20, 2013
- Baja State Secretary of Security Admits Murders Are Increasing — June 15, 2013
- Crime in Baja California Sur — April 9, 2013
- Crimes against Americans in Baja — Oct. 26, 2011