Garrett Harris 7 p.m., July 25
- Community Blog
Misbehaving Tijuana Police
Two federal police arrested in Tijuana for extortion
TIJUANA September 17, 2012 - Two Federal Policemen are under arrest for extorting a resident of colonia Castillo, from whom they demanded $5,000 dollars in return for not "planting" drugs on her.
The arrest occurred yesterday afternoon on avenida Internacional at calle Carranza. The officers were driving a grey Renault Clio, with license plates AJS9413.
The federales are Guillermo Manuel Ramírez Romero, 29, and Jesús Jiménez Ramos, 31, reported the municipal police.
The victim said that they demanded $5,000 dollars in return for not arresting her and "planting" a kilo of the synthetic drug "cristal" on her and deporting her from the country.
Both of the men showed official identification that said they were Mexican federal policemen. While the arrest was being made, along came another woman, who said the two arrested federal policemen extorted $2,000 from her 15 days ago.
Four Tijuana police fired for robbery
TIJUANA September 17, 2012 - Four municipal police officers assigned to the San Antonio de los Buenos precinct of Tijuana were fired for their presumed responsibility in the theft of money from a businessman in the city. This event was reported by Tijuana's Chief of Police, Jesús Alberto Capella Ibarra.
Of the four men fired, one was the precinct commander, and the other three assistant commanders.
Chief Capella also made it known that since the beginning of the year up to now, 65 members of the Tijuana municipal police have been terminated for disloyalty, meanwhile another 25 are being investigated.
[The preceding news items were translated and summarized by Fulano.]
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Army and Police are Monitoring Tijuana — Jan. 16, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Military Seizes Arsenal; Tourist Police Allegedly Take Bribe — Dec. 30, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: 2 Policemen Referred to MP for Extortion; Man is Shot and Injured — Dec. 29, 2012
- Baja California Sur ministerial police beat a minor to get a confession — Nov. 27, 2012
- Rosarito's problem with people deported from the United States — Sept. 22, 2012