Ian Pike noon, Dec. 5
I have a fondness for coffee shops with mismatched furniture and a cozy, homey feel. Claire de Lune fits the bill. I especially like the atmosphere in the late evenings, when the lighting is dim and intimate.
Evening at CDL
For a recent meeting, I chose Claire de Lune for its North Park location. Though I’ve visited a handful of times in the past, it was always for coffee alone. This time, early for the meeting and hungry to boot, I decided to venture deeper into their menu and order lunch.
Samantha pointed out the handwritten white board and its list of daily specials, all under $10. I went for the tomato basil bisque and grilled cheese combo ($5.25) and the New Zealand Sunny Slopes tea (not pictured), iced ($3 for a large).
The soup and sandwich hit the spot. The herbal tea had a surprising combination of citrus and floral flavors that refreshed my palate after the soup’s tomato-y spice. Add to my satisfaction the fact that this $10 lunch cost less than $10.
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch It! — March 20, 2012
- Coffeeshop Art: Monique Lindsay — March 12, 2012
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012