Ken Harrison 3:30 p.m., Feb. 9
Temporarily Postponed: Tommy Pastrami
Right around the corner from newly-opened Spresso, Tommy Pastrami (555 West C. Street, at Columbia, downtown) is newly closed. But only temporarily, they say. Looks like the mess the trolley construction is creating outside is too much for them.
"Closed during construction," the sign says. "Grand re-opening after construction completed."
Hope that’ll be soon, because last time I came I had a pretty good “halfer" – a half pastrami on rye ($5.95)...
...plus a side order (8oz) of chicken soup ($2.75).
Have to say: that meat was luscious.
And then I always wanted to come totally starving and have at their Skyscraper sandwich ($13.95, “built for two,” they say). It’s a three-quarter pound stack of your choice of meat.
Law enforcement seemed to like patronizing them, big time.
They’re a sizable chain mainly around LA and OC.
Anybody know the timetable?
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 2 - Thursday — July 18, 2013
- Stone Age in Middletown? Not So Fast food at 57 Degrees — Jan. 22, 2013
- Brunch at CUSP in the Hotel La Jolla — Sept. 11, 2012
- In Search of the Perfect Cow Foot — July 16, 2012
- Fast Food? How About Fast Wine? — July 11, 2012