Garrett Harris 6 p.m., April 20
No More Free Danish
They struggled for a long time, but Silvana and her daughter Salena and the rest of the family who ran the New York Bakery (245 E. Main) have had to close their doors.
It happened just over a month ago.
This was the place every local knew because you got a free Danish with your $1.95 coffee when you turned up in the mornings to get your day going.
Once bustling bakery...
...is up for sale
“I was stationed in Germany,” says Will Mast, here on Main. “The New York Bakery was just like what you saw there. Big kitchen baking breads and cakes right there every day. It’s a shame.”
Me, I’ll miss those free Danishes.
Maybe Silvana was too good for her own good.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz: The Adventure Continues — Sept. 19, 2011
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011