Ruarri Serpa 10:30 a.m., July 31
Actually healthy nuked popcorn
A couple of (maybe) helicopter parents back east were horrified to feed their kid the junk chemicals and metals infusing the bags of regular microwave popcorn. to keep them grease-proof and increase the percentage of corn that pops. (Perfluoro-octanol, anyone?) So they invented an alternative, and named it for their baby son. Quinn Popcorn comes in a food-grade parchment paper pouch, with separate oil and seasoning mixtures to add after popping. The professional foodie at the NY Times who reported this momentous invention pronounced it delicious.
Quinn Popcorn (quinnpopcorn.com) comes in lemon and sea salt flavor, Parmesan and rosemary, and Vermont maple and seas salted, with two batches to each box. It's available on amazon.com, three boxes, mixed or all one flavor, for $14.79. (Hey, you think that's expensive for serious, healthy popcorn? Been to the movies lately?) .
More like this:
- Corn Chip Chowdown — Sept. 18, 2013
- The best corn in San Diego isn't popped in a movie theatre — July 1, 2013
- Give Your Sweetie the Gift of Cinema & Free Popcorn This Valentine's Day — Feb. 8, 2012
- Grass-Fed Beef Week — May 16, 2011
- Brought Up by Wolves — Oct. 8, 2008