Bob McPhail 12:30 p.m., April 26
Footlong at Four (a.m.)
Aah, Friday night and all is bright, but then it’s late. You need a bite…okay, Subway is a chain (and the biggest restaurant chain in the world as of the end of last year. It passed McDonald’s with 33,749 restaurants worldwide vs. Mickey D’s 32,737).
But you gotta appreciate those sammich people for opening a 24-hour shop in the Gaslamp (at 611 K Street, half a block from the ballpark). You can sit outside on their sidewalk patio munching a $5 footlong at four in the morning, greeting the passersby. Like “Morning, officer.”
Except, wassup? They don’t do coffee? Only from 7-11 a.m., seems. Time for a rethink, methink.
More like this:
- Bacon as Metaphor: the Lifecycle of a Culinary Trend — June 14, 2012
- Local Restaurant Franchiser Buys Advertising Company — Sept. 8, 2011
- Everyone Likes a Money Machine — March 4, 2010
- Subway Sandwich Shenanigans — Aug. 8, 2008
- Maids Suck — June 7, 2008