Don Bauder 7:30 a.m., May 5
The Great School-Lunch Debate
San Diego Slow Foods (good guys) is hosting a screening:
LUNCH LINE: THE DOCUMENTARY May 16 6:00pm-11:00pm Blind Lady Ale House, 3416 Adams Ave, SD.
As part of the Monday Night Movie Series with MIHO Gastrotruck, Blind Lady Ale House is partnering with Slow Food Urban San Diego for an exclusive screening of "Lunch Line", a 2010 documentary capturing and highlighting the school lunch debate through an examination of the program's surprising past, uncertain present, and possible future. MIHO will be serving up farm to truck fare while Blind Lady will be pouring delicious craft beers.
To bring local schools into the conversation, Vanessa Zajfen, the Farm to School Director for San Diego Unified School District and SFUSD community school food partner, will be on hand for a casual Q & A after the film screening.
DOORS OPEN: 6pm SCREENING: 7pm MIHO Gastrotruck: 6-8pm BAR CLOSES: 11pm
ADMISSION: FREE (but beer and food are pay as you go).
To watch a trailer of the movie, go to: http://lunchlinefilm.com/pages/video
More like this:
- Special Edible Deliveries for Brewery Tasting Rooms — Sept. 21, 2011
- The MIHO Gastrotrucks Are on a Roll — Aug. 24, 2011
- Free Shuttle and Craft Beer at Monthly Drinkabout — Aug. 17, 2011
- Grass-Fed Beef Week — May 16, 2011
- I Like My Truck, But I Miss My Cart — April 6, 2011