Various Authors 4:58 p.m., May 28
Recently Opened in Kearny/Clairemont Mesa
I noticed a couple of new openings last week while shopping and stopping in the Kearny Mesa–Clairemont area. The first was Sufi Mediterranean Cuisine, which seemed to take forever to open — though, on second thought, they might have been open for a while, but the place always looked closed. I'd hardly have noticed except for the open sign.
The location is right next to Balboa International Market, which is hard enough to find since it's tucked away from Balboa Avenue.
(Sufi Mediterranean Cuisine, 5915 Balboa Avenue)
The second is a shop called Mama Jamaica (above), which opened in the strip mall that houses Suzuya and Oton. I think I'm having a senior moment because I can't remember what was here before.
If the food delivers, it'll be a nice addition to the area. There's probably some braised oxtail in my future.
Mama Jamaica Cafe and Grill, 5447 Kearney Villa Road
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Part 4: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Nov. 30, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011