Ken Harrison 4:30 p.m., Aug. 30
Marshmallows on the Bonfire Tonight!
Wow. Here’s something great for tonight (and tomorrow and Sunday) on your way to whatever else you’re doing.
In Old Town Plaza they’ve got a bonfire going where you can sit around warming your tootsies and roast marshmallows and have Johnny from Barra Barra cantina put them in Graham crackers with chocolate smeared on ’em for Smores as good as they get.
And he’ll give you a cup of hot chocolate too.
Monika and Mathhias watch the fire
...and get their marshmallows a-cookin'
Johnny and his marshmallows, ready for roasting
No electricity. Johnny lights his lantern
Johnny preps my s'mores
It’s something Barra Barra and Casa de Reyes started putting on last year for the week between Christmas and New Years. But they’ll be doing it (5:00 – 8:00 p.m.) thru Sunday night.
And guess what? It’s free. OK, they’ll take donations for Old Town State Park...
...but there’s no pressure.
I stuck a buck in.
Totally worth it. It’s just so great to sit around on boxes and planks with total strangers and do this back-to-childhood thing with lots of kids running around in front of a - remember this? – an actual fire.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Late Breakfast in the Living Room — Dec. 30, 2011
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- Great Moments in Celebrity Broadloom — Dec. 19, 2011
- Dream Theater December 1 @ Balboa Theater: Photos — Dec. 3, 2011