Dorian Hargrove 7:30 a.m., July 28
Favorite (Wannabe) Café Terraces (Cont')
I so wanna be part of this.
It’s not so much a café sidewalk patio as a proper café terrace. Terrazza! Dahling! Welcome to la dolce vita! Do you know count Otto von Schomberger, the Olympic skier…?
The only problem is Soleil @k (660 K Street) is also priced for the R&F (rich and...famous? Fatuous?).
I asked the gals at Latitude Lounge, part of the same complex, if I could at least have coffee out there and — if but for one brief moment — feel like I was part of the American Express Platinum Crowd.
They said yes, but only when it was closed between meals. I could get the coffee there at Latitude for $4.50 and take it out myself. Not quite the same feeling.
But I’m not through. Plans? To go back for breakfast and order the best deal on the menu: the Bakery Breakfast, with muffin and coffee for eight bucks.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Eating with Ghosts — Aug. 31, 2011
- Tunisian Revolution — Aug. 8, 2011
- Dog With a View — Aug. 2, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011