Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., April 18
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: SEE Prepares Educational Services for 39,000 Students; Strong Winds Forecasted in Region
SEE Prepares Educational Services for 39,000 Students (El Sol de Tijuana, 1/18/13 by Juan Guizar)
Tijuana, BC – The System Educational State (SEE) is preparing to offer educational services to nearly 39,000 students at the secondary level in the next school year and for this purpose will launch three new campuses in areas where demand has grown.
The head of the ESS, César Sánchez Frehem, announced that the project for the 2013-2014 school year envisages new "Hills of la Presa" and “Ejido Lázaro Cárdenas" campuses, as well as the rehabilitation and refurbishment of a campus in “Cañón K", with spaces ensured for every young applicant.
During a press conference, the educational official reported the investment generated by these three new spaces will be 47 million pesos ($3.7 million US), which will be provided by the Government of the State in its entirety within the category of new campuses, classrooms and rehabilitation of school buildings.
At his side Rosalba Lopez Regalado, Administrative Coordinator of the ESA, announced that in terms of infrastructure, State Government provided 55 million pesos ($4.3 million US), of which 84% will go to Tijuana, where the educational demand exceeds that of any other municipality of the entity.
The delegate of the ESA added that based on the period of pre-registration from last November, the demand for almost 39,000 will assure 100% will be served by the time the education sector is ready to open the three campuses, if necessary. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2846944.htm
Strong Winds Forecasted in Region (El Sol de Tijuana, 1/18/13 by Rocio Galvan)
Tijuana, BC - Winds of up to 80 kilometers per hour (50 MPH) arrived in the region Thursday morning and on Friday, will become intensified. Civil Protection authorities called on the population to take extra precautions as billboards can be toppled and various objects can impact cars and people, said the Director of Civil Protection in the municipality, Antonio Rosquillas Navarro.
He said the most important thing other than driving on roads such as the Tijuana-Mexicali into the highest reaches of La Rumorosa where there are strong air currents, is asking people to not start fires for any reasons because they can have fatal consequences. A fire in a pasture with the speed of the wind makes an incendiary combination and can lead to a casualty of major proportions.
The strong wind alert will continue until the early hours of Saturday when this atmospheric phenomenon is expected conclude. With respect to temperatures, he forecast a high of 19 or 20 degrees Celsius (66 – 68 F) and a minimum of 8 or 9 degrees Celsius (46 – 48 F). http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2846941.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 7.4 Million Mexicans Suffer from Food Shortages; BC to Create Childhood Crime Prevention Protocol; U.S. Manufacturing Technology Investment Offered; San Antonio de los Buenos Street Rehab — Jan. 31, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Recommended no Classes due to Cold; Victim Protection Laws — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Prepare for Extreme Cold; 8,688 Entrepreneurs Take Advantage of Free Services — Dec. 27, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Home Eating Habits Need to Change; State Government Improves Boulevard Morelos with Gardens — Dec. 25, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Students Participate in Sexuality and Addictions Forum; 450 Million Pesos Not Delivered to State — Nov. 14, 2012