Various Authors 3:49 p.m., Dec. 3
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Sedesom Launches Food Project in Marginal Areas
Sedesom Launches Food Project in Marginal Areas (El Sol de Tijuana, 1/18/13)
Tijuana, BC - As part of its monitoring of the food program by the Federal Government headed by Enrique Peña Nieto, the city of Tijuana Government headed by Carlos Bustamante Anchondo, through the Secretary of Municipal Social Development (SDSM) joined a project of the Government of the Republic to combat hunger in the most marginalized areas in the city of Tijuana.
Yesterday morning the head of SDSM, David Saul Guakil, met with members of a group of markets, Frente Único, and they agreed to a program to sell food at low cost. Such foods will be sold only in different areas of greater social need in the entity to help the neediest Lazos families’ pockets and likewise will improve the power of such persons.
In such a meeting, David Saul Guakil announced the project will begin in February, will take place once a month and will truly provide help to people in need for buying food in their basic basket which is a primary need. Also, he told those present that it is a pleasure and an honor to work with members of the Frente Único group of markets, as when citizenship and Government come together there are better results, because we are working in a coordinated and orderly manner.
On the other hand, the Director of Municipal Social Development, Bernardo Padilla Munoz, said that the Municipal Government assists and serves the needs and problems of all citizens and extended a thank you for joining this project that combats hunger in areas of extreme poverty. Today, this project today is joined by the group of markets, Frente Único, and in the upcoming meetings it is expected restaurant groups will also join, among other groups wishing to join in the contribution of this noble cause. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2846820.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 7.4 Million Mexicans Suffer from Food Shortages; BC to Create Childhood Crime Prevention Protocol; U.S. Manufacturing Technology Investment Offered; San Antonio de los Buenos Street Rehab — Jan. 31, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Discrimination of Disabled Denounced; Shelters Open to Face the Cold — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Public Invited to Donate Jackets; 22 Flu Cases Detected in BC — Jan. 12, 2013
- Border News Translations: Deputy Chief of Mischief; Child Labor — May 22, 2011
- Border News Translations: Single Moms; City Merchants; School Funds — May 9, 2011