9 p.m., July 27
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Beach Vendor Access will be Controlled
Beach Vendor Access will be Controlled (El Sudcaliforniano, 1/17/13 by Christian Zarazua)
Los Cabos, BC Sur - The work of monitoring, controlling and managing personnel in the Federal Maritime Land Zone in Los Cabos requires that only accredited sellers should have access to this area of the Bay of Cabo San Lucas, said Salvador Solorio Cesena for Head of Dependence.
As part of commitments established with the community in el Medano, during the course of the day Monday, January 13 he appreciated sellers wearing badges with a photo and these measures were reinforced by authority of the Head of Zofemat in Los Cabos, highlighting the unique place known as Beach Access 8 and waterfalls with rest areas in the corners of the hotels and restaurants. Service providers like watercraft must have their identification, as well as surveillance inspection tax, and approval from Tourist Police, Civil Protection and Zofemat.
It should be noted that at 14:30 hours, there was a reported presence of 220 vendors in the area from popular Spanish hotel to Playa El Medano. Solorio Ceseña mentioned that neither his unit nor Semarnat have delivered permissions or credentials to more street vendors to conduct business on the beach. However, they remain alert to work them into the system.
Finally, Salvador Solorio urged those sectors interested in working with them to approach the clean beaches committees where decisions are made and where appropriate a tour can be arranged and you can appreciate the cited above. In case of any problem or complaint for inspectors in the community, they can be reported to the Municipal Comptroller (624)146-7600 extension 1120 or Zofemat to 120-4243 phones in San José de el Cabo and in Cabo San Lucas 105-0904. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforniano/notas/n2845611.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Miracle baby to be named next week; Los Cabos to host Iron Man event; 600 whale calves born in Baja California Sud — Feb. 9, 2013
- Cabo San Lucas airport adding international competitors — Feb. 4, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mexico Seeks Guinness Record with 5,000 Chefs; Los Cabos, One of Safest Towns — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Commitment is to Cabenas Families; Workers under Protest at Cabo San Lucas General Hospital — Dec. 5, 2012
- Los Cabos Fights Back — Nov. 9, 2011