Eve Kelly 6 p.m., Sept. 28
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Mandatory Vehicle Verification Imminent; No Fines for Failed Verification
Mandatory Vehicle Verification Imminent (La Cronica, 1/15/13 by Yerson Martinez)
MEXICALI, BC - "In one more step of the process to help the environment and the health of citizens in the State especially Mexicali, the approval of mandatory vehicle verification program, will begin in stages," declared the Secretary General of Government.
Francisco García Burgos stated that following the adoption of mandatory vehicle verification by the State Congress, the Executive Branch has ten days to publish it in the official newspaper and thus enter into force.
Questioned if it was a setback against citizens, he said: "No, Congress took a decision that we have backed and supported for verification to be compulsory and contribute to the environment". http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/15012013/660226.aspx
No Fines for Failed Verification (La Cronica, 1/15/13 by Yerson Martinez)
MEXICALI, BC - The Deputy of the National Action Party, Rubén Alanís Quintero said "There will be no fines and vehicles will not be removed, but if it is obligation that we check... we want people to review their auto".
Alanis Quintero stated that the revalidation of plates will be denied if the vehicle does not pass the vehicle verification, since the adoption will become compulsory in 2013, contemplate that it is already done.
"Yes it will be mandatory go to the center and verify the vehicle, if it passes no problem; but, if it does not pass this year, there will be no penalty. The objective is to know the condition of the vehicle and the owner will know they have a year to fix it," he pointed out.
"It is a matter of environmental necessity and urgency of health matters approved by the World Health Organization, the United States and local universities. EPA is the required issue," he said after the opinion was adopted with 12 votes in favor and 11 against. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/15012013/660238.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Possible New Ricketts Case Reported; BC Generated 27,000 Formal Jobs in 2012; Teachers Obtain Geography Training; Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Primary School Receives Computer Equipment — Jan. 30, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Zárate Provides Stance Towards Vehicle Verification; Normal Basic Education Classes Tomorrow — Jan. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Deported Family of 3 Spends New Year’s Eve in Mexicali; She Has Hope for a Different New Year — Dec. 31, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Citizens Group Brings Food to Those With Less; Couple Injured in Rollover Accident — Dec. 23, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Risk of Jobs Loss with VAT Increase; Dollar Falls — Sept. 11, 2012