Justin O'Connell 4:30 p.m., Feb. 10
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Korean Investors to Arrive in Tijuana
Korean Investors to Arrive in Tijuana (Uniradio Informa, 1/6/13)
Tijuana, BC - Two Korean investors will arrive in Tijuana next week wanting to know conditions in the city with an intention of installing manufacturing plants, according to the Secretary of Economic Development of the Municipality, Miguel Velasco Bustamante. 2013 investments may result in between 500,000 and thousands of millions of dollars and could generate 30,000 new jobs.
He said economic projects for 2013 are continuing with the promotion of economic activities in Tijuana in coordination with enterprise agencies, and State and municipal government events where opportunities of tourist business, industrial and commercial services can be understood. In this sense, he stressed that regional promotional trips to Southern California, the Middle East and Europe will continue to strengthen economic sectors on the industry side, especially relating to aeronautical, industrial, electrical, and medical product groups through strong plants in Tijuana for Korean and American industries. In addition, the participation of domestic investment in the development of suppliers in our sector will continue to be promoted. “Then economic prospects will increase the number of investments and jobs as we had in 2012, i.e. a very achievable goal of 30,000 jobs in Tijuana,” he stated.
Next week, the first groups will begin coming as the harvest of visiting investors most recently in the East, above all South Korea. Next week two will be visiting. Yesterday we had one from China's construction industry. They came with specific projects in mind, to learn about the city, the costs and business environment for establishing their plants.
“Investment estimates for 2013 are between 500,000 and thousands of millions of dollars,” he said. As a result of contact the Mayor of Tijuana had with the Ambassador of Kuwait, Sammeh Essa Johar Hayat, in his most recent visit to the city, the municipal official stressed that in talks he discussed a possible promotional trip for Tijuana products and services in a global event that will be held in that Middle Eastern country before that nation will take into consideration investing funds in the infrastructure of developing countries. Soon some projects will be presented at their offices in Mexico before traveling beyond. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo167239.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 7.4 Million Mexicans Suffer from Food Shortages; BC to Create Childhood Crime Prevention Protocol; U.S. Manufacturing Technology Investment Offered; San Antonio de los Buenos Street Rehab — Jan. 31, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Over 5000 Young Lazos Register for Military Service; Tijuana Leaders Meet in Hong Kong — Nov. 12, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Baja California Leaders Visit Samsung in Seoul; $2 Million Discovered in Detonated Home — Nov. 7, 2012
- Border News Translations: Reward Offered; Aerospace Forum; Roads Paved — May 12, 2011
- Border News Translations 14: Baja Encourages Strengthened European Ties — April 13, 2011