Ian Anderson 7 p.m., May 1
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Day of the Dead Festivities Begin; 350 Children at Risk After State Loses Appeal
Day of the Dead Festivities Begin (El Sol De Tijuana, 10/14/12)
Tijuana, BC - The festivities of "Day of the Dead” began on Saturday in the traditional Miguel Hidalgo market with the presentation of an offering to Quetzalcoatl, the god of wisdom and creator of men, as well as an accompanied performance of the mezzo-soprano Mariachi Aguilas María Vargas. The festivities will culminate on November 2, so that the events can be appreciated by the hundreds of visitors who visit the Hidalgo market each day. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2731463.htm
350 Children at Risk After State Loses Appeal, (El Sol De Tijuana, 10/14/12 by Korina Sanchez S.)
Tijuana, BC - A total of 350 children are in distress in the municipality of Tecate because the State Government of Baja California has not requested a resource that the Federation offers, and the municipal system for the Integral Development of the Family (DIF) budget ran out to cater for street children.
The director of the Tecate paramunicipal, Luis Alonso Limon Martinez, reported that the situation is worrying because with the lack of resources, the appropriate care of street children cannot be provided.
After serving as a guest at the weekly meeting of the Grupo Político Lázaro Cárdenas del Río, he said that confusion over dates by the State to apply for the resource provided by the Federation leaves 350 children without attention.
"Something happened in the State Government that failed to download this resource and we are left without the money to assist children in distress and on the street …; minors will not be receive attention because there are no resources...; the State Government did not obtain the resource", reiterated the city official of Tectate.
Homeless children are those who are orphaned or their parents mainly have health problems, addictions, and therefore remain in the care of other family members. http://www.oem.com.mx/elsoldetijuana/notas/n2731467.htm
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Canaco Tecate Celebrates 65th Anniversary; Hospital Juárez Opens Bulimia and Anorexia Clinic — Dec. 17, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Bus Given to Agricultural School; Galarza Brings Christmas Gifts to 4 Colonies — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Students Participate in Sexuality and Addictions Forum; 450 Million Pesos Not Delivered to State — Nov. 14, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Cuban Migrants Detained; Migrant Victims Rescued — Oct. 27, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: 248 Police Join BC Forces; Rosarito Half-Marathon Postponed — Sept. 13, 2012