Ken Leighton 5:01 p.m., Nov. 24
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Border News Translations: 2 Accidents + 1 Fire = 1 Professor Dead
TIJUANA (AFN Tijuana) - The death of the Director of Faculty for Humanities at Autonomous University of Baja California (UABC), Ramón Mundo Muñoz death occurred last evening. It was confirmed by the administrator of UABC. Armando Juarez explained the death occurred in a car accident on the Ensenada to Tecate road. The accident occurred around 8:50 p.m. Because of the severity of his injuries, first-aid personnel could not rescue him and he died at the scene. His lifeless body was taken from the twisted car by paramedics, firefighters, the Mexican Red Cross and local police agents. According to the first data obtained with the police officers in Delegation Francisco Zarco, traveling alone and a lack of driver expertise caused a loss of control of the Eco Sport Van. He was going to altura de San Antonio in de las Minas, a village in the Municipality of Ensenada. Earlier, the Professor had apparently attended a meeting of Directors and Officers of the UABC in the Valle de en la Rancho Rubio. There was no report on where and when his funeral will be held.
TIJUANA (AFN Tijuana) - At 3: 15 this morning there was a fire in the Colonia Groupo Mexico de la Degation Sánchez Taboada, where four homes were completely damaged. The residents of calle San Pedro Mártir in the colony tried to extinguish the flames that consumed the small rented rooms while waiting for the fire brigade. On arrival, firefighters controlled the incident of which only one of the rooms was inhabited. No injuries or casualties, only lost possessions were reported.
TIJUANA (AFN Tijuana) - In the first hour of this Saturday morning, elements of the Municipal Police had an accident on Boulevard 2000 trying to avoid running into an indigent traveler who suddenly appeared in the road. The patrolling police element explained he lost control, swerving to one side of the road and into a small canyon. The passerby had only minor injuries. Authorities do not yet know neither the officers’s nor the other man’s identities. They were transferred to a nearby clinic for medical care.
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: No risk in train derailment; Carnaval has "patriotic" flavor; UABC recognizes graduates with highest averages — Feb. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Officer Saved from Beating, Dies in Accident; 88% of Accidents are Due to Human Error — Dec. 31, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Young Worker, 17, Electrocuted; American Found Dead — Nov. 12, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mexico Navy Rescues 2 Adrift at Sea; Officer’s Gun Fired, Partner Conceals the Incident — Oct. 20, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Puerto Vallarta Police Director Attacked; Tijuana Journalist Found Dead — Oct. 15, 2012