Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 22
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Border News Translations 15: Police Free Undocumenteds
According to a report in El Linea Tijuana, on April 14, 2011, Municipal police officers freed two undocumented individuals with their hands tied behind them with plastic ties. Officers of the San Antonio de Los Buenos district responded at 3:30 pm yesterday to calle de Las Águilas where their information indicated. There they found Miguel Ángel Herrera Solis, 26, and Isaiah Torres Cervantes, 34, who claimed that moments before their captors abandoned them in an alley.
In a statement, a police representative pointed out the migrants said that on Tuesday an unidentified group boarded a vehicle in Otay Mesa and convinced them they would help them cross into the United States, but instead took them to what they believe was a hotel.
For about 24 hours they listened to negotiations with members of their families, asking them for money in exchange for their freedom. It was believed relatives of Herrera Solís agreed to their requests. One of the individuals was beaten causing fractures and shock severe in various parts of his body and was placed in the General Hospital.
The case was forwarded for investigation by the Anti-Abductions Group of the PGJE.
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Vicente Guerrero Goes Without Garbage Collection; Fishermen Groups in Dispute at Punta Baja Area — Nov. 6, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Two Rapes Committed; Police Recover 12 Stolen Vehicles — Oct. 21, 2012
- Border News Translations: Migrant Rights; 2 Executions — May 23, 2011
- Border News Translations: 513 Undocumented Immigrants Discovered — May 18, 2011
- Border News Translations: Homes Burned; Family Dies; Sea Smugglers Foiled — May 4, 2011