Jeff Smith 2 p.m., June 30
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Border News Translations 16: Extortion Attempt
According to San Diego Red, a Baja and border local, seven Tijuana municipal police officers were arrested on charges of attempted extortion by blackmail as reported by the State Prosecutor's Office on April 12. They entered the businessman’s factory and accused him of having persons of Chinese origin working illegally in Mexico, said the Prosecutor's Office.
The officers entered the business with guns, dressed in navy blue with balaclavas.They demanded $ 50,000 for him to be left in peace. The owner told them that he did not have that amount of money so officers led him outside. According to the prosecution, shortly afterward ministerial officers arrived on the scene after an anonymous call reported "masked armed men trying to extort money".
The officers were Carlos Betancourt García, 33; Jorge Delgado Ramirez, 34; Julián Díaz Torres, 27; Miguel Hernández sources, 46; Edgar Naphtali García Hernández, 28; Joshua David Maldonado Becerra, 31, and Antonio Calderón Osorio, 36.
More like this:
- Churro vendor calls the law on Tijuana policeman — May 10, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 2 Policemen Referred to MP for Extortion; Man is Shot and Injured — Dec. 29, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations:User of Counterfeit Notes Arrested; Two Arrested for Sex Assaults — Oct. 16, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Elderly Assistance Provided; Police Chief Extortion Charges — Sept. 18, 2012
- Disbarred Attorney Released from Custody Again — Sept. 2, 2012