Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., Jan. 27
- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
Local Tie to Dubai Debt Problems?
The Dubai request to delay interest payments on billions in debt servicing may be cause for investors to look for ties to current holdings.
Among the major financial firms with a hand in Dubai World's debt is Royal Bank of Scotland (see http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_13880454).
RBS is a partner with Sempra Energy in the development of natural gas infrastructure projects while also managing a global logistical reach over a diverse basket of commodities (see http://www.rbssempra.com/). Sempra Energy is the corporate owner of San Diego utility franchise holder SDG&E.
More like this:
- Sempra Energy Emphasis on Utilities over Commodity Trading a Plus for Power Line Undergrounding? — April 28, 2010
- RBS Sempra Commodities Ready for Carving Up in Sales — Feb. 26, 2010
- Sempra Energy Credit Warning by Rating Agency Reported — Feb. 4, 2010
- Despite Crash of 2008, RBS Sempra Share More Than Doubles in Value — Jan. 10, 2010
- Smuggled Congo Gold: No Sempra Connection? — Dec. 2, 2009