Bob McPhail 5:30 p.m., May 25
- Community Blog
- 92101 Urban Living
San Diego Bay - Eco Friendly Efforts and Achievements in Downtown San Diego!
The Port of San Diego is hereby showing a map where eco friendly efforts and achievements along San Diego Bay including Downtown San Diego has been taking place. The Green Port Program goal is to focus on environmental benefits in six key areas:
Water Energy Air Waste management Sustainable development Sustainable business practices Some of the accomplichments have been installing solar panels on rooftops, landscaping with water wise plants, constuction on the LEED-certified Broadway Cruise Ship Terminal and more.
To see detailed data and landmarks located any place on earth you can use the freely available Google Earth. You can also learn more about animals and plants that live in San Diego Bay on The Port Of San Diego website.
More like this:
- Port's Environmental Fund After Five Years — June 24, 2011
- What Can Chula Vista Do with the South Bay Power Plant? — March 16, 2011
- The Chula Vista Power Plant and Its Green Potential — Dec. 15, 2010
- Ok, this is Tuesday, but where is everybody? — July 1, 2009
- There Is No San Diego River — Oct. 22, 2008