Ian Anderson 6 p.m., July 29
Spend Memorial Day in Alpine giving thanks to veterans
The Alpine Community Center is hosting a Memorial Day “Thank You” on Monday from 11am to 2pm. There will be live music, testimonies from veterans, a free "All-American" hot dog and hamburger buffet, and vintage World War II airplanes buzzing overhead.
The festivities take place at the Alpine Veteran's Wall of Honor located at 1830 Alpine Boulevard. There's even a playground for the kids!
While you're there, be sure to pick up a copy of Mission Honored – A Dream Achieved. Diana spent two years on the tribute book, interviewing 80 of the veterans named on the wall.
Wanna' make it a truly memorable Memorial Day? While you're there, track down Diana's better-half, Lou Saenger. That's entertainment!
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- Spot the Fake Titles Quiz IV: Dead by Dawn — May 24, 2013
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- Luck of the Island at McP’s — March 17, 2013