Jesse King 7:19 p.m., July 27
New releases opening this week: Iron Man 3, and some other films as well
So yeah, Iron Man 3. Man, do I hate bloated finales. Remember the first Iron Man? Stark vs. Stane, Iron Man vs. Iron Monger, one on one, plus, of course, a little help from Tony's friends. This? This is not that. We could talk about the plot holes in some secret forum, but y'all seem reticent on that front. Anyway, it's okay. Not great. And not nearly as funny as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang might have led you to hope. Maybe I'll watch that tonight.
Mr. Marks, however, got to see Kon-Tiki, which is an actual action-adventure movie. And he (mostly) liked it!
Bert Stern is a good, maybe great photographer. And a great lover of women. Many, many women. Now you know the story of Bert Stern, Original Mad Man. Frankly, I would have liked to hear more about the craft. He shrugs and says he just pushes the button, but there's a reason his stuff looks like it does. I much preferred Bill Cunningham New York.
More like this:
- Nice try, Mr. Black — May 20, 2016
- New releases opening this week: Star Trek Into Darkness, The Iceman — May 17, 2013
- New releases opening this week: The Great Gatsby and some other less exhausting things — May 10, 2013
- Review: Kon-Tiki — May 1, 2013
- Reviews! — Sept. 29, 2011