Dave Good 9 p.m., April 23
Brainy Q&A this Friday and Saturday evenings at Reading Town Square 14
New documentary "Free the Mind" opens this weekend
Emma Seppala, Ph.D. (Head Scientist of the Veteran Study, Associate Director at Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, Stanford University School of Medicine) and John Osborne (Project Welcome Home Troops) will be at Reading Town Square 14 this Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm fielding questions about director Phie Ambo's new documentary, Free the Mind.
I haven't been able to watch it, yet. According to the press release, "Professor Richard J. Davidson, one of the world’s leading neuroscientists, took the Dalai Lama’s advice to apply the same rigorous methods he used to study depression and anxiety to the study of compassion and kindness. Dr. Davidson, who was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in 2006, did just that, and the results of his studies at Wisconsin’s Center for Investigating Healthy Minds are portrayed in the fascinating new documentary, Free the Mind.
The film starts Friday and plays for (at least) one week, but if you want to participate in the Q&A your only two chances are Friday and Saturday nights.
Admission is $12.00 with discounts for seniors, military, and students. Click for more info.
More like this:
- Opening this week — Oct. 5, 2012
- Free Screening of Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry This Friday at MCASD LJ — July 18, 2012
- Meet First Position Director Bess Kargman This Weekend at Landmark Hillcrest — May 17, 2012
- Human Rights Watch Film Festival Returns to MoPA — Jan. 5, 2012
- Scottish Rite Event Center to Screen Spiritual Documentary Wake Up — Sept. 14, 2011