Ken Leighton 11:15 a.m., June 29
A little early in the morning, maybe, but I brought this on myself.
So I'm sitting here in a Toyota showroom while my car is getting an oil change down below in Service, and I'm sifting through the morning movie blog news. Film Drunk has yet another story about Michael Douglas blaming his throat cancer on cunnilingus (or rather, HPV acquired through cunnilingus). Suddenly, a tap hits my shoulder.
"What are you doing?"
It's a young woman. I don't know if she's curious, or angry, or what. I do know that I suddenly feel slimy for reading Film Drunk in a public setting. Still, honesty is the best policy.
"I'm reading Film Drunk. It's a movie blog."
"Does it tell you all the good movies?"
"No, it's more industry news."
"Well, right now, I'm reading a story about how the actor Michael Douglas says he got his cancer from cunnilingus."
She smiles. "They'll say anything to get out of it. I'm serious. They'll say anything."
More like this:
- The movie critic's measuring stick — Dec. 10, 2013
- Super 8 Run-Up: You Just Don't Get It, Do You? — June 8, 2011
- Commercials and Candy Bars — April 20, 2009
- Ladies and Gentleman...the President of the United States of America. Or a Prankster — Dec. 5, 2008
- Sweet Dreams — April 26, 2008