Kimberly Blough 6:28 p.m., March 9
Martin Scorsese first director named Jefferson Lecturer in the Humanities
He's movin' on up!
Shpilberg may take home another Oscar for Lincoln, but Marty is the first director to take home a Jefferson.
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has asked Him to deliver the 2013 Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities.
Here's hoping gag-writers Paul Schrader and Mardik Martin will be asked to punch up the speech.
According to the government website, the annual lecture -- "the most prestigious honor the federal government bestows for distinguished intellectual achievement in the humanities" -- is an even cooler prize than winning a Golden Globe.
Scorsese is the first filmmaker to deliver the Jefferson Lecture. Of course.
The Sermon on the Mount will take place on Monday, April 1, 2013, at 7:30 PM at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
It must be simulcast in every language and on every station in the land!
More like this:
- Scorsese’s fugazis — Dec. 25, 2013
- Review: Andrew Boyd's Adams Ave. '13 Unplugged on Mopeds — June 11, 2013
- Goodfellas Scorsese and Liotta go back to school in Campus Life — April 11, 2013
- Now hear this: Marty announces His next offering — Feb. 14, 2013
- Amazing Grace and the Maestro — Nov. 14, 2012