Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
Cloudy with no chance of meatballs on the Foodimobile
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Not Cloudy With a Chance of Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Parfait 2 or Cloudy With a Chance of Diced Watermelon 2. Cloudy with a Chance of MEATBALLS 2.
Imagine a Junior Executive seated at the kiddie table in the boardroom of Sony Pictures Animation. A cartoon lightbulb suddenly blinks overhead. Before he can clear his throat, the boy wonder cackles, "I have it! Let's send a meatball-less food truck on a cross-country promotional tour for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2."
Six seconds of dead silence while the members wait for Michelle Raimo Kouyate, SPA's President of Production, to start the applause.
Chicken tacos? No problem? Baked potato? Coming right up! A ham and cheese sub? At your service!
Surely SPA can't be playing to the macrobiotic crowd; Subway is a co-sponsor. Take a look at the menu. Sandwich meat, anyone?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a meatball sandwich -- or a reasonable facsimile thereof -- on Subway's menu? What do you want me to do? Draw you a picture? Spell it out? What about this doesn't scream no-fricking-brainer?
It's deceptive advertising, I tell you, aimed at interfering and tampering with the thought patterns of impressionable minds across the world.
Ah, what the hell? It's an opportunity to get the kids out of the house for an hour and feed them on Sony's dime. The Cloudy With No Chance of You-Know-What caravan pulls into San Diego for a two day visit starting on Friday, September 13.
Check the schedule for time and location.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Rush, Don Jon, and much, much more! — Sept. 27, 2013
- New releases opening this week: You Will Be My Son, A Single Shot and more — Sept. 20, 2013
- Sony's Midnight lawsuit has bright ending — July 19, 2013
- If I cast the upcoming big screen adaptation of Good Times — March 13, 2013
- A Closer, er, Wider Look at the Trailer for Men in Black 3: The Blackening — Dec. 15, 2011