Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., June 24
Oscar Mayer Wienermobile coming this week to an Albertsons near you
One bun closes, another opens.
Last week ended with talk of Costco fans now having to wash down their weenies with Pepsi instead of Coke. Today, it's raining mustard with news that the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is back for a triumphant return engagement.
During the last leg of its tour, The Big Screen offered this stirring, and highly personal, rumination on Wienermobiles both past and present. It's a giant freaking fiberglass hot dog on wheels, the coolest and most venerable promotional tie-in of all time. Who wouldn't want a picture taken with it and a coveted replica Wiener Whistle to call their own?
Look for Jessica Barndt & Theresa Brenner, the two 'Hotdoggers' piloting the iconic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile across the country, when they pass through town later this week. Here are the dates and times.
Wed. 5/1 11am - 2pm: Albertsons, 7090 Broadway, Lemon Grove
Wed. 5/1 3pm - 6pm: Albertsons, 2899 Jamacha Rd., El Cajon
Thurs. 5/2 11am - 2pm: Albertsons, 8920 Fletcher Parkway, La Mesa
Thurs. 5/2 3pm - 6pm: Albertsons, 8650 Lake Murray, San Diego
Fri. 5/3 11am - 2pm: Albertsons, 4421 University, San Diego
Fri. 5/3 3pm - 6pm: Albertsons, 7895 Highland, San Diego
Sat., 5/4 10am - 1pm: Albertsons, 5950 Balboa Ave., Lemon Grove
More like this:
- Outrage at Costco food court: Pepsi replaces Coke — April 26, 2013
- Happy Hour: Silver linings of a down economy — April 3, 2013
- San Diego Black Film Festival Jan. 31 - Feb. 3 at Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 — Jan. 31, 2013
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile tools through San Diego — Jan. 17, 2013
- Latino Film Festival Announces August's Cinema en tu Idioma Lineup — July 6, 2011