Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
Free movies of the week - the kids are most definitely not all right edition
Kids today, right? With their podcasts and their internet radio. They'll never understand the courage and determination of a pirate deejay like Christian Slater in Pump Up the Volume:
Nor, I suppose, will they be able to sympathize with an Internet-panic piece like Hackers, 4chan or no 4chan:
Still, Angelina Jolie in her younger days.
The kids of today might, however, be able to enjoy a fancy foreign flick like Battle Royale, given its, um, similarity to recent megahit The Hunger Games:
Phew! Better move on to something a little more recent and recognizable. Hey, here's Holes with Shia LaBeouf:
But really, when it comes to wayward youth, how are you going to top West Side Story?
More like this:
- Free movies of the week - sleight of hand edition — Oct. 12, 2012
- Free movies of the week - big themes edition. — Sept. 14, 2012
- Free movies of the week: dead and undead edition. — Aug. 31, 2012
- Because you're never really enshrined in the Pantheon of Artistic Immortals until you've been parodied in a children's cartoon... — June 14, 2011
- Ah, the French... — May 26, 2011