Ken Harrison 5:30 p.m., Sept. 4
Double feature at SDMA
The San Diego Museum of Art (1450 El Prado) is screening Nosferatu and Shadows and Fog as part of their German Expressionism series, which has included Metropolis and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari On Friday, November 2, the Museum will provide a pre-film lecture at 7:00 p.m. followed by the double feature.
"In November, we’re letting the films do the talking, with a double feature that illustrates how German Expressionist cinema has continued to influence filmmakers. F. W. Murnau’s classic, Nosferatu, helped set the standard for Expressionist filmmaking in terms of aesthetics and dark subject matter. Seven decades later, director Woody Allen would make a direct and conscious homage to German Expressionist directors F.W. Murnau, Fritz Lang, and G. W. Pabst with Shadows and Fog." Admission is $5-10.
More like this:
- San Diego Arab Film Festival announces 2013 lineup — Nov. 8, 2013
- German import — Oct. 2, 2013
- Free movies of the week: Hitchcock's earliest surviving film unearthed — Nov. 15, 2012
- German Currents Film Festival at year two — Oct. 5, 2012
- Anne Rice Offshoot Doesn't Deserve Bad Rap — May 29, 2011