Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Aug. 3
Paul Blevins to unleash True Love Zombie
Oh, my God. What have I done?
When I first interviewed horror film aficionado and first-time filmmaker Paul Blevins way back in May, he expressed interest in renting a theatre to screen his cinematic creation, True Love Zombie, for all to see. At the time I told him it sounded like a great idea never once thinking that he'd actually do it.
I was only joking, Paul! And did you have to include a blurb from this reporter on the promotional filer? Think of my reputation!
Seriously, I am delighted to report that TLZ will hold its world premiere at Landmark's 66-year-old Ken Cinema at 11:45pm on Friday, October 26. Meet Paul, his vivacious bride (and co-star, Rhonda) and all the assorted Lakeside zombie-lovers who helped to make his dream come true.
Tickets are only $5.00 and go on sale 30 minutes prior to showtime. Get a designated driver and head over to The Ken to help send a local filmmaker a little love by supporting his effort.
Congratulation, Mr. Blevins. I hope you pack the place!
More like this:
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews — Sept. 17, 2013
- McCartney concert screenings in Poway, Temecula, Mission Valley, more — May 14, 2013
- Opening this week — Oct. 26, 2012
- Interview: Lakeside Filmmaker Paul Blevins Brings Zombies to East County — May 4, 2012
- This is Not a Review of This is Not a Film — May 3, 2012