Larry Steckling 10 p.m., Nov. 26
Promotional Tie-Ins 101
How's this for a brilliant bit of joint promotion? What better than The Lorax to give its seal of approval to children's diapers?
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Aren't parents and their children the ones to absorb the crap when The Lorax hits the screen?
Studios and their stars have always been eager to stir up immediate sales out of gimmicky marketing ploys. Here are a few favorites, past and present.
Dean Martin Bourbon or Jerry Lewis 10W-40 Pomade, yes, but Whiz Tape?
"The Cream of the Stars!"
I've had worse things in my mouth.
Vodka for Contented Gays.
Prefabricated crap for dogs who are constipated.
Zero nutrition no matter how you slice it.
Mr. Seagal's wardrobe sold separately.
The FDA guidelines allow for certain amounts of rat droppings, but this is ridiculous.
Truth in advertising: it is the cheesiest!
Ring out those facial blotters, Dr. Noguchi!
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch It! — March 20, 2012
- Seen on DVD Review: Birds of Prey aka Batgirl & Friends — Feb. 19, 2012
- Casting Candy Land — Feb. 2, 2012
- Grindhouse Movie Reviews: Walkabout, Roeg's 1971 Acid/Aboriginal Trip — Feb. 2, 2012
- Today in Movie Poster Trends: the Split-Face — Sept. 5, 2011