Ian Anderson 2 p.m., Oct. 22
The Real Brett Ratner Oscar Resignation Story
Brett Ratner has resigned as director of the 2012 Oscars. And while you'll read various accounts of why and how Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences President Tom Sherak and his nonagenarian Board of Directors went from supporting an embattled artist to putting a Help Wanted ad in Variety, a source close to both The Big Screen and the AMPAS Florist & Hairdresser Division gives us the real scoop.
"Honey, it all comes down to one admission from the Rat-man during his astonishing interview with Howard Stern: 'I do jerk off a lot.' You and I both know that the entire point of the Oscars is to provide that particular service to the Beautiful People on the screen. If a director is taking care of himself, he's not taking care of the talent, and you wind up with Snow White singing 'Proud Mary.' Nobody wants that."
More like this:
- Brett Ratner Fun Time IV: Lindsay Lohan Edition — Nov. 8, 2011
- Brett Ratner Fun Time III: Director of 2012 Oscars promises totally unscripted telecast! — Nov. 8, 2011
- Brett Ratner Fun Time: Deja Vu Edition — Nov. 8, 2011
- James Earl Jones Calls for Straw Dogs Boycott in Light of Its Portrayal of His Home State — Sept. 15, 2011
- Give Eddie A Chance! — Sept. 7, 2011