Chad Deal 2 p.m., Nov. 22
A Closer Look at the Poster for Goats
I am not in the least little bit interested in getting into a debate over Rick Santorum's famous statement that "In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing."
I do, however, think it's pretty clear that 2010's The Kids are All Right put forward the idea that, whatever the history of every society had to say on the matter, modern America's notion of marriage and family had stretched to include homosexuality.
All that said, I'm still not sure this was the best idea:
From the producers of The Kids Are All Right. Goats. Tagline: "You can't choose your family...or can you?" And then a picture of hillbilly David Duchovny (looking like there might be a llama somwhere in his family tree) standing behind a young man who is clutching a a goat to his bosom.
Your move, Santorum.
More like this:
- San Diego Chargers place Philip Rivers on indefinite hiatus following political endorsement — Dec. 19, 2013
- Dave Mustaine Backtracks On Endorsement of Rick Santorum — Feb. 16, 2012
- Marriage Protection Act — Aug. 6, 2008
- The Kids Are All Right — July 20, 2006
- The Controversialist — April 14, 2005