Various Authors 4:58 p.m., May 28
New Footage Unearthed of Channing Tatum Boning Up for Magic Mike Role
From the look of this video just released to TMZ, Channing Tatum has as much difficulty dancing to Y.M.C.A. as he does spelling it.
Tatum's Magic Mike, in which he stars as an exotic dancer, opens this Friday at a theatre near you. It's not surprising that footage has begun to surface from his days as a male stripper in the late '90's.
Tatum dropped out of college and returned to his home in Tampa, Florida where he adopted the stage name "Chan Crawford" and began disrobing for cash in a local nightclub.
Magic Mike marks Tatum's second pairing with director Steven Soderbergh. The two previously worked together on Haywire.
Check for Matt Lickona's review later this week. I drew Ted duty.
Click to watch the video.
More like this:
- Foxcatcher does fruitful work in the land of sport — Nov. 19, 2014
- A few more casting possibilities for Johnny Depp's Don Quixote — Dec. 6, 2012
- Review: 10 Years — Oct. 1, 2012
- Review: Magic Mike — June 29, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Magic Mike — April 25, 2012