Don Bauder 6:30 p.m., July 2
Is God Smiting Ron Howard for Making The Da Vinci Code?
While we're at it, what about All-American director Ron Howard? The man behind Parenthood, Apollo 13, Ransom, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Beautiful Mind! Then he directed Da Vinci.
Since then? Frost/Nixon: $25 million budget, $18 million domestic, $27 million worldwide. The Da Vinci sequel Angels & Demons, which, as we've mentioned, did fine worldwide but failed to make up its own budget on the domestic front. And The Dilemma: $70 million budget, $48 million domestic, $69 million worldwide. Finally, he's been trying for a couple of years now to land a deal to make Stephen King's The Dark Tower into a film, or rather, a series of films. No luck yet.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Rush, Don Jon, and much, much more! — Sept. 27, 2013
- Afterimage: Cloud Atlas — Feb. 1, 2013
- Is God Smiting Tom Hanks for Making The Da Vinci Code? — April 25, 2012
- Contrary to G-Rated Expectations, I Predict Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Movie Will Earn Its PG-13 Rating — April 17, 2012
- What Happened? Russell Crowe — March 8, 2012