Matthew Suárez 11 a.m., Nov. 28
Short Takes: Straw Dogs
Writer, director Rod Lurie basically traces Sam Peckinpah’s misogynistic tale of revenge as macho-baptismal. The location shifts from England to Louisiana, but don’t expect this to do much for tourism. Instead of a mousy architect (Dustin Hoffman) there’s a toothy- screenwriter (James Marsden) and Kate Bosworth replaces Susan George as this year’s prime filet. Even the posters are interchangeable. Another worthless remake. With: James Woods and Alexander Skarsgård.
Reader Rating: Zero Stars
If only Tyler Perry had been cast in the Kate Bosworth role.
More like this:
- Frank Zappa Would Have Been 71 Today - Viva La Bizarre! — Dec. 21, 2011
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for J. Edgar — Sept. 20, 2011
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011