Ed Bedford 6 p.m., March 29
Send Your Kids to Media Arts Center's Fall Film Camp
With Thanksgiving and Christmas rapidly approaching, here's a chance to ensure your holiday memories are properly preserved. If your kids spend their fall break at the Media Arts Center's Youth and Media Tech Camp, not only will they be exposed to the best that media and technology have to offer, just think how spectacular your holiday home movies will look!
The camp will introduce budding cineastes between the ages of 9 and 14 to the fundamentals of filmmaking, stop-motion animation, and music recording. They will also be schooled in the art of promotion via blogging and live webcasting.
The three-day camp runs Monday through Wednesday, November 21-23, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with optional extended hours from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Camp ends just in time to grab a bite and attend the first evening performance of Martin Scorsese's long-awaited Hugo, a GK Films/Paramount picture opening nationwide on November 23. Check local listings for a theatre near you!
The cost is $120, plus an additional $35 for the extended hours. Click for more information.
More like this:
- Summer Youth Media & Tech Camps at Media Arts Center — June 5, 2014
- Watch the Oscars and Help Send Kids to Camp — Feb. 9, 2012
- Asian or German? Which Festival Are You Doing Tonight? — Oct. 22, 2011
- Free Screening of the 10th Annual Youth Media Showcase — May 31, 2011
- Send your kids to Movie Camp this summer! — May 19, 2011