William Stanney, OFM 11 p.m., Dec. 17
Here Is - Super 8
If the trailer for the new Spielberg-backed production is any indication, there are more shots of little kids staring skyward into a light source than all those in Close Encounters and E.T. combined.
Super 8 was one film format that never caught the eye of this collector, but I do remember a copy of the deluxe truncated Castle Films edition of Taxi Driver sitting in the glass showcase of my uncle's camera shop.
The thought of purchasing it did cross my mind, but the $20 pricetag (it featured a magnetic soundtrack) was too much to bear. God forbid the old goat should have made of a gift of it for his favorite nephew. It remained in the store until Uncle Teddy retired from the business in 1986.
More like this:
- Ben Hueso's taxi cab conflict — May 15, 2013
- "Here is a man who would not take it any more." — May 20, 2011
- Garageland — June 30, 2010
- Joan Wilder’s Destination City: Cartagena, Colombia — Sept. 22, 2009
- They Hit My Windshield with a Baseball Bat — Jan. 17, 2003