• Big Screen alerts

Christopher Schwarzennegger, the 13-year-old son of the freshly split celebrity power couple, has been hospitalized after a surfing accident.

According to TMZ, the young Terminator suffered multiple broken bones and a collapsed lung as a result of the Malibu accident. Both parents have been regular visitors and "in spite of the divorce, the entire family has come together as a unit in dealing with Christopher's accident."

Not since Chaz (nee Chastity) Bono has an offspring pushed back this hard against a parent's dictum. I don't want to pick on a kid, and while my heartfelt wishes go out for a speedy recovery, didn't Arnold Schwarzenegger feather his political ambitions by heading up the National Youth Physical Fitness Program?

Image

Surfboard?! It looks more like this kid had an accident at the Hometown Buffet smorgasbord. You know what you should do, Arnold? Try a little less politicking and a little more parenting and maybe your calorically-challenged son will start looking up to you instead of Col. Sanders.

• Big Screen alerts

Comments

Colonna July 23, 2011 @ 8:54 p.m.

Unconfirmed reports state that onlookers at the accident site had to be restrained after many of them tried to push the beached Christopher back into the water.

Get well soon, kid.

Visduh July 23, 2011 @ 9:40 p.m.

Anyone else notice the family resemblance to Teddy Kennedy?

SurfPuppy619 July 23, 2011 @ 11:29 p.m.

Wow-tough crowd here.......................

SurfPuppy619 July 24, 2011 @ 2:17 p.m.

Arnold's shining star days are over.

He was a FLOP as gov. and he made himself a much bigger flop when he pulled strings for Nunez's son, cutting his prison sentence for MURDEER by 60%.

Now the wife cheating, what a slimeball POS.

tomjohnston July 24, 2011 @ 9:39 a.m.

Come on, people. This picture has been so obviously been photoshopped, it's ridiculous. Granted the kid's not skin and bones like his mother, but come on. http://cdn04.okcdn.okmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Maria_Shriver_May19_04.jpg

Scott Marks July 24, 2011 @ 5:27 p.m.

I looked for other pics of the lad before posting to make sure this wasn't a Photoshop job. It isn't. It's the same-sized kid from a different, less-flattering angle.

JustWondering July 24, 2011 @ 11:34 a.m.

Let's just say he DOES NOT take after his older brother.

Scott Marks July 25, 2011 @ 11:41 a.m.

You're a fine one to be calling others a "tough crowd." ;)

SurfPuppy619 July 25, 2011 @ 1:22 p.m.

LOL...but Arnold is an adult who cheated on his WIFE and the citizens of CA by pretending to be a Gov, sonny boy is a 13 y/o innocent :)

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 3:22 p.m.

he needs a sport bra now pupster

nan, the BEST sports bra in the world aint going to help Arnold's flabby, pathetic, sagging funbags.

Duhbya July 25, 2011 @ 5:48 a.m.

Mr. Marks, you are an irresponsible buffoon. Are you acquainted with the lad's physicians? Do you have first-hand knowledge of his medical records? If not, then why are you going after this youngster in such a derogatory fashion? Oh, right we still have that "last taboo" (a.k.a. fat slobs) for the sanctimonious posers to feast upon. Positioning yourself for a possible Murdoch resurrection? With the bow-tie affectation, you and your churlmate Tucker Carlson could bill yourselves as "The Terrible Tabloid Twins". Snipe away!

SurfPuppy619 July 25, 2011 @ 1:25 p.m.

Tucker Carlson is actually from Carlsbad, he GREW UP HERE! I found that pretty amusing...I think it was Carlsbad, might have been Leicadia or Encinitas....

tomjohnston July 25, 2011 @ 5:41 p.m.

Actually, he's from San Francisco. His father was a news anchor; I remember him being up here in the early/mid 70's, on KABC I think, and if I remember correctly,he left KABC to go to KFMB. This may have been before your time, surfpuppy619, but he ran for mayor against Roger the Dodger in 1984. In fact, he came in second. I'm just guessing, but probably the only time young Tucker spent in SD was while he father was there. His own bio says he went to boarding school in R.I. and college in CT, so it reads like he probably was only in SD for maybe 5 yrs.

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 12:32 a.m.

He had a his own show on CNN or one of the news chanels-he took over the Dan Abrahms 1PM time slot, and he said-on the show- he was from Carlsbad, or one of the NC communities-said he grew up here.....I don't recall exactly what one he said he was from.....

tomjohnston July 26, 2011 @ 8:22 a.m.

Soooo, whaat you're saying is that just because he said it, you take it as the gospel?? His bio says he was born is San Fran in 1969 and graduated from a boarding school called St. George's School in 1987. His father's bio says he left KABC for KFMB in 1975 and was a senior vp at Great American First till he ran for mayor in 1984. You can do the math. I doubt any kid born in 1969 moved to SD on his own. If he moved to SD with his family in 1977 and he attended a boarding school back east, then it seems plausible he lived in SD from '77 to around '83. He has said he said he started whereing his bowties since 9th grade prep school, so that makes it around 5 yrs. He probably lived somewhere in in north county and so he says that. I was born in the SFV, but I say I'm from L.A., same thing. BTW, as it relates to another thread, Carlson said this on faux news: "Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did (it) in a heartless and cruel way. I think personally he should have been executed for that."

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 10:13 a.m.

I read his bio too-what I am saying is exactly what he said in his own words on his TV show.

tomjohnston July 26, 2011 @ 11:02 a.m.

Well, I guess it just proves the point that since Walter Cronkite signed off,you just can't believe what you see on tv, even when someone is talking about themselves. Or maybe especially when someone is talking about themselves.

Duhbya July 26, 2011 @ 4:54 a.m.

Babe has moved on to the Kitty Karnival in the sky, but thanks for the heartfelt sentiment. Are you stalking me? (LOL) Hope your surgery is minor. Honest.

Scott Marks July 25, 2011 @ 10:13 p.m.

Admittedly, I'm a fine one to goof on the way other people look, but you give me far too much credit. If anything, I'm lampooning what a friend calls our "well-toned, yoga centered, healthy, holistic world" and Arnold's "After School Special" exercise program with its emphasis on brawn-over-brains. As for the kid, you can't say the thought didn't cross most people's minds. I simply had the bad taste to say it.

Duhbya July 26, 2011 @ 4:50 a.m.

Thank you. And I regret using the word "buffoon" in place of journalist. I apologize. I don't know about the thought crossing most people's minds. Probably so, but I keyed on where they might have been when the shot was taken.

Scott Marks July 26, 2011 @ 1:30 p.m.

And here I am thinking that you used the word buffoon as a term of endearment. No apologies needed, Duhbya.

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 3:35 p.m.

And here I am thinking that you used the word buffoon as a term of endearment

Buffon IS a term of endearment.

Now, if you're called a "circus chimp", then you have BIG problems!

Colonna July 25, 2011 @ 8:15 p.m.

Maybe I shouldn't post this but since I said that, I have to now.

No one's mentioned how Arnie & Maria's daughter is displaying that famous horse-toothy Kennedy smile in the photograph above.

tomjohnston July 25, 2011 @ 10:30 p.m.

John F. Kennedy got elected because his father bought the election.

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 9:46 p.m.

Arnold is not that good looking, and the teeth sure don't help.

As for the charm, he has charisma for sure, but he also has a well known sadistic side to him too, a side the public does not usually see or even know about-the Arnold the Barbarian story in Priemier magazine brought that out to the public.

There are many stories from his BBing days where he played cruel jokes on others......

Scott Marks July 25, 2011 @ 11:36 p.m.

They should cast him as the star of "The Peter Lawford Story."

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 12:34 a.m.

The older daughter appears to be fairly tall, and she has the same cankles her Mom has.......

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 3:50 p.m.

Cankles. :-D

========================= I actualy saw the older daughter-Kathrine???- when she was ony a few weeks old.

It was the 1990 Los Angeles Open Bodybuilding contest, and it was held at the Veterans Auditorium in Culver City in 1990, and Arnold and Maria showed up out of the blue and were backstage.

This show used to be staged in early January every year back in those days and Kathrine was just a few weeks old. Arnold was filming the movie Total Recall, if memory serves me right.

SurfPuppy619 July 26, 2011 @ 9:49 p.m.

cankles

n. 1) An aesthetically unfortunate physiological condition which leaves its victims with no discernable narrowing of the ankle between the calf and the foot. 2) An ankle which has no discernable narrowing from the calf to the foot.

History: The word is derived a combination of the words calf and ankle. Victims of this condition are advised to avoid the following: ankle boots, ankle-strap shoes, anklets, ankle socks, ankle tattoos, high-top shoes, and any other footwear or legwear that might draw attention to the cankle region.