Garrett Harris 6 p.m., April 20
Hope for the Holidays
What would Christmas be without Bob Hope? I'll have a lot more to say about Old Ski Noses' uncanny ability to transform war into house payments in the Lickona/Marks Christmas cover story, coming soon to a Reader near you. In the meantime, enjoy the Yuletide season with these ghosts of Toluca Lake past.
Nothing says Christmas quite like a carton of coffin nails.
Who need stockings hanging by the fireplace when you can stick your hands in a Playtex diaper?
Hey! How 'bout that Jayne Mansfield, huh?
Here are a few Christmas card sent out by Bob and Dolores. Hopefully the recipients had some loose change in their pocket to pick up the overdue postage fees. Thanks to Big Screen loyalist Rob Colonna for filling my Christmas bag with the following.
1962: The Call Me Bwana years:
Christmas '63: Toluca Lake-style.
Christmas '76: Declarations of Independence.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- Great Moments in Celebrity Hair — Dec. 16, 2011
- Cinepolis: the Bar & Menu — July 21, 2011